How to Enable the Global Catalog Role on a Domain Controller
When you upgrade Widows 2000 DC to a Windows DC, you
may need to move the GC to another DC. In other case, you may want to have
GC on two domain controllers for DC fault tolerance. This article describes
how to enable the role of the global catalog on another DC.
To enable GC on a DC, follow these steps:
- Click Start?Programs>Administrative
Tools> Active Directory Sites and Services.
- Double-click Sites to expand it, expand
Servers, and then click the domain controller that you want to enable
the global catalog role.
- Double-click the domain controller to expand the
- Right-click the NTDS Settings object that is
listed below the server, and then select Properties.
- On the General tab, click to select the
Global Catalog check box to add the global catalog function to the
domain controller, and then click OK to apply the changes.
- Restart any domain controllers whose Global
Catalog jus enabled.
Post your questions, comments, feedbacks and suggestions
Contact a consultant
Previous Page Next Page
This web is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
Copyright © 2002-2013
All rights reserved. Unauthorized reproduction forbidden.