How to copy GPOs in the same forest
If the Windows 2000 DC and 2008 DC are in the same forest,
we can copy the
GPOs directly by GPMC. Here are the steps:
1. On the 2008 DC, run "gpmc.msc" from "Start" -> "Run".
(If a pre-2008 DC is used, we need to download GPMC from the following link
and then install:
Group Policy Management Console with Service Pack 1
2. Right click the "Domains" node and click "Show Domains".
3. Select the checkbox of the source domain and the destination domain.
4. Expand the "Group Policy Objects" node under the source domain and right
click the expected GPO, then click "Copy".
5. Right click the "Group Policy Objects" node under the destination
domain, then click "Paste".
Post your questions, comments, feedbacks and suggestions
Contact a consultant
This web is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
Copyright © 2002-2013
All rights reserved. Unauthorized reproduction forbidden.