How to Use CLEANSPL.EXE to
clean spooler registry keys
Clean Spooler is a utility for removing all printing components from the
spooler. If printer drivers, spool files, or other spooler components become
corrupt, this tool deletes them, allowing these
components to be reinstalled later. When cleaning the spooler, all
registry keys for printer drivers, printers, ports, port monitors, and print
processors are deleted. In addition, the printer driver files, spool
files, print and processor files are deleted.
As a reference, before removing any components, the
spooler registry information can be saved to a file. Exporting this
information as a .REG. file and then renaming the file with a .TXT.
extension allows you to use it as a guide when reinstalling the printers and
other printing components.
To use the Cleanspl.exe tool to clean corrupted printer drivers, spool files
and other spooler components, please follow these steps:
1) Download Cleanspl.zip from link below:
2) Extract the zip file, you will see Cleanspl.exe and PRINT_DEFAULT.reg
3) Run the Cleanspl.exe and click "Clean Spooler" and click Yes to Start.
4) Click Yes on each notification and restart your computer.
5) When computer boots up, the print sub-system will be cleaned-up.
6) Double click PRINT_DEFAULT.reg to restore default Printer Monitor.
7) Restart the server
Post your questions, comments, feedbacks and suggestions
Contact a consultant