How to restore VM using Veeam Backup - Step by step with screenshots
1. With Veeam open, on the Home tab, click Restore and select Hyper-V.
2. In the Restore from backup section, select Entire VM.
3. Click Add VM. Select where to browse for
•From infrastructure — browse the virtual environment and select VMs
or VM containers to restore. If you choose a VM container, Veeam Backup &
Replication will expand it to a plain VM list.
When you add a VM to
the list, Veeam Backup & Replication displays information about the most
recent restore point in the Restore point column. If no restore point is
available for the added VM, Veeam Backup & Replication will display a
warning next to this VM.
•From backup — browse existing backups and
select VMs under backup jobs.
Note: you can also use the search field
at the top of the wizard.
4. To select a restore point for a VM:
1) In the Virtual machines to
restore list, select the VM.
2) Click Point on the right.
3) In the
Restore Points window, select a restore point from which you want to restore
5. Select Restore Mode: At the Restore Mode step of the wizard, choose
the necessary restore mode:
1.Choose a restore mode:
Restore to original location if you want to restore VMs with their
initial settings and to their original location. If this option is
selected, you will immediately pass to the Reason step of the wizard.
•Select Restore to a new location, or with different settings if you
want to restore VMs to a different location and/or with different
settings (such as VM location, network settings and so on). If this
option is selected, the Full VM Restore wizard will include additional
steps for customizing VMs settings.
Note: if you choose Restore to
the original location, the Veeam will remove the VM from Hyper-V and you
need to re-add it after the restore.
6. Give the restore reason for the future reference.
7. You may receive a waning.
8. Follow the wizard to complete the restore.
9. If you choose Restore to original location, the original VM will be
deleted after the restore. You need to re-add the VM and then restart
Post your questions, comments, feedbacks and suggestions
Contact a consultant